Edged has an exciting opportunity for a Data Center Site Manager. In this position you will work directly with the Director, Regional Operations and be responsible for Site Operations Teams.
We are looking for someone who has experience in data center electrical, mechanical and network system operations and possess knowledge of large-scale data centers, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, emergency generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems. DCSM’s main mission will be to manage and leverage the maximum performance from our suppliers. Based in a broad technical knowledge, he/she will lead the day-to-day relationship in terms of planning, preparation, and field execution according to the internal procedures.
Working very closely with the different suppliers and mainly with the FM company with focus on: Planning maintenance, prepare corrective works (review and validation of changes and MOPs when required, attending dry runs, BMS follow up of the installation to ensure a good performance, supporting other operations teams that could require on the field support for projects (Construction, Service Delivery, Energy management, quality, and compliance team, among others).
DCSM will be part of the on-call team
The Data Center Site Manager needs to be agile, professional, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. The right person is trustworthy with confidential information, highly organized, self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, can think strategically, and works equally as well independently as with a team. Edged values efficiency and strives to maintain smooth operations.
When it comes to staffing Edged and all groups within the Endeavour Ecosystem, we are highly selective about the people we bring on board because our ecosystem depends on it. Endeavour’s unique business model and ability to cut through red tape means change and progress happens quickly. We must be able to trust one another to be honest, communicative, strategic, reliable, and driven. We seek ultra-creatives and superstar performers with a sense of humility and a hunger to make a positive impact in the world. We offer flexibility and endless growth opportunities to those who can harness their skills and talents and identify how and where to use them to add value. Growth in the ecosystem means expanding outward, not upward, because there is no corporate ladder to climb. Your path is in your hands, and Endeavour’s team is here to support our companies, innovators, and change-makers. At the heart of the ecosystem is a diverse group of bright, passionate, dedicated people, working together to make a real difference. Are you ready to join the journey?
• Execute all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
• Manages provisioning of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services, deployment, and any additional services to be delivered to data center customers.
• Supervise local engineering team to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to guarantee execution of periodic maintenance program and maintenance calendar.
• Develop, implement, and audit local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to follow our standards and industry best practices.
• Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Procedures (MOPs, SOPs, EOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors, and customers.
• Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to our performance standards and scopes of work.
• Act as primary technical and operational contact for data center customers – both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations. Develop knowledge of customer’s core business and the business function of the customer’s local datacenter operation.
• Manage technical and operational incidents, including the implementation of emergency response procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, root-cause analysis, and post event remediation.
• Identify trends and analyze risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Track operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
• Management of expenses and all budget, forecast and report requirements by providing capital and expense requirements and justifications.
• Support pre-sales process, including, but not limited to, conducting sales tours and reviewing lease proposals and lease agreements to confirm compliance with Digital Realty standards and local requirements.
• Support various accreditation initiatives.
• Maintain compliance with local health & safety standards.
• 10+ years managing engineering or technical staff
• 5+ years project/program management
• 5+ years engaging internal or external customers and working directly with them to resolve issues.
• 4+ years managing multi-year budgets.
• Solid and proven experience in the commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems.
• Experience in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
• Experience managing a change control environment
• Certifications/Accreditations that will be viewed positively: ITIL v2/3/4, CDCP, AOS.
• Advance in Microsoft Office 365.
• Bilingual Fluent – English and Spanish.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions.
• Ability to interpret industry data center standards, policies & methodologies.
• Ability to improve performance management & critical awareness methods and implementation standards thinking out the box.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage budgets and analyzing expenses.
• Ability to develop Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and power metering system.
Edged is creating a global network of carbon neutral,zero-water edge infrastructure for data center and microgrid projects. Edged isan infrastructure solution that combines rapid deployment with sustainableoperation. Modular components, including zero-water cooling and advancedelectrical systems, help to lower costs, minimize the environmental footprint,and enable a new generation of on-demand infrastructure as a service.
Watch the video
Watch the video
Endeavour is taking on global challenges, and to create the appropriate global solutions is not easy. Our teams work extremely hard because we believe in Endeavour’s mission: to guarantee clean water and renewable energy to everyone, everywhere by decentralizing infrastructure, developing new technologies, & deploying energy, water, and waste treatment solutions that are more profitable than those that currently exist. We are a group of passionate change-makers who want to leave the world better than the way we found it. Endeavour prides itself on hiring talented, highly motivated people because that’s what our mission requires. There is a strong sense of camaraderie between good-natured people who bring their A-game to work every day to make a difference. To work at Endeavour is to know that you are part of something special—something bigger than yourself.
Today, we’re deploying solutions that are immediately scalable and profitable, including EV charging, data center cooling, and waste to fuel systems. As we look to the future, Endeavour intends to remain at the forefront of innovation, taking on grander challenges based on the needs of our clients and of local economies. We hope that our Sustainable Habitat for Innovation with a Purpose (SHIP) will be a model that inspires people and businesses to #jointhejourney so that together we can combine the best of what technology and the natural world can offer to ensure a regenerative/sustainable world for generations to come.
Watch the video