Endeavour’s GridBlock group has an exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer. In this position you will work directly with the research & development group and be responsible for the development of embedded software and firmware for GridBlock’s product suite. We are looking for someone who will help architect and develop software to monitor, operate and communicate with key assets including energy storage systems, electric vehicle chargers, PV systems and site controllers.
The Firmware Engineer needs to be agile, professional, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. The right person is trustworthy with confidential information, highly organized, self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, can think strategically, and works equally as well independently as with a team. GridBlock values efficiency and strives to maintain smooth operations.
At GridBlock, as at all groups within the Endeavour Ecosystem, we are highly selective about the people we bring on board because our ecosystem depends on it. Our unique business model and ability to cut through red tape means change and progress happens quickly. We must be able to trust one another to be honest, communicative, strategic, reliable, and driven. We seek ultra-creative and superstar performers with a sense of humility and a hunger to make a positive impact in the world. Endeavour companies offer flexibility and endless growth opportunities to those who can harness their skills and talents and identify how and where to use them to add value. Growth in the Endeavour Ecosystem means expanding outward, not upward, because there is no corporate ladder to climb. Your path is in your hands, and Endeavour’s team is here to support our companies, innovators, and change-makers! At the heart of our ecosystem is a diverse group of bright, passionate, dedicated people, working together to make a real difference. Are you ready to join the journey?
• Architect and design robust and real-time embedded software and firmware for power electronics and peripheral power products
• Develop networking firmware and APIs for distributed embedded systems and electrical power products
• Optimize code performance and robustness
• Implement, test, and troubleshoot firmware/embedded software on hardware prototypes
• Collaborate in firmware development tasks with the software team
• Work closely with the hardware & systems engineering teams to support product development
• Plan and perform firmware/embedded software update, version control, and diagnostics
• Help validate firmware/embedded software for power electronics using HIL and CIL systems
• Participate in design reviews and brainstorming
• Take ownership of designs, and manage individual tasks, deadlines, and deliverables
• Travel for 5-10% of the time
- Microcontrollers, DSP, FPGA and standard peripheral components
- SPI, CAN, RS-232, EMIF, EDMA, HPI, I2C, serial UART, and similar protocols
- Embedded peripherals like Industrial communication subsystems (PRU-ICSS), ADCs, DACs, RTC, etc.
- TCP/IP, Modbus, DNP3, WebSocket and other communication protocols
- TI CCS platform, TI RTOS and TI A M57xx series
- Multi-core systems and ARM-based processors
- Intel/Altera Cyclone FPGA family
- OTA/remote software updates
- Distributed controllers architecture
GridBlock is a revolutionary energy router that dynamically manages the flow of energy between multiple sources and loads and has the ability to create and operate a self-contained microgrid. GridBlock packetizes and routes electrical energy with isolation and high accuracy to serve AC or DC systems seamlessly. The precision technology enables a bidirectional power flow on multiple ports or channels concurrently, bringing the flexibility and control of Internet routers and switches to the electrical grid. Increasingly, electrical installations require smart integration of EV or e-truck charging, battery storage, solar panels and critical loads, with custom design and build for each location adding to the cost of implementation. GridBlock simplifies all of this with a flexible, software-defined, modular solution that can manage a wide variety of end-use configurations and applications.
Watch the video
Watch the video
Endeavour is taking on global challenges, and to create the appropriate global solutions is not easy. Our teams work extremely hard because we believe in Endeavour’s mission: to guarantee clean water and renewable energy to everyone, everywhere by decentralizing infrastructure, developing new technologies, & deploying energy, water, and waste treatment solutions that are more profitable than those that currently exist. We are a group of passionate change-makers who want to leave the world better than the way we found it. Endeavour prides itself on hiring talented, highly motivated people because that’s what our mission requires. There is a strong sense of camaraderie between good-natured people who bring their A-game to work every day to make a difference. To work at Endeavour is to know that you are part of something special—something bigger than yourself.
Today, we’re deploying solutions that are immediately scalable and profitable, including EV charging, data center cooling, and waste to fuel systems. As we look to the future, Endeavour intends to remain at the forefront of innovation, taking on grander challenges based on the needs of our clients and of local economies. We hope that our Sustainable Habitat for Innovation with a Purpose (SHIP) will be a model that inspires people and businesses to #jointhejourney so that together we can combine the best of what technology and the natural world can offer to ensure a regenerative/sustainable world for generations to come.
Watch the video